1. Our number one demand for training is toilet training dogs! - Research this key step in your puppies development BEFORE getting your puppy - don't wait until puppy has turned your house into a gave of puppy poo 'hot lava'
2. Ensure that when you return to work after Christmas you have plans for your puppy in place - even leaving your puppy for an hour without practice can be too stressful for some puppies! (check out our website www.primo-pet-services.co.uk for puppy carers)
3. PLEASE DON'T push your puppies face in their faeces if they get it wrong! Refer to note 1
4. If you need help with a training issue - get help early on. Dealing with a 4month old Labrador that likes to bite is easier to train than a 2year old biting machine.
5. Don't give up! There is help and support for almost all doggy issues available from different resources. Too many dogs go to 'rescues' each year and many are euthanized.